Thursday, January 21, 2016

Days 26-End

Days 26 - 29.  These days are all grouped together due to the small amount of activities done during them.  Day 26 began with research in the labs at Academia Sinica.  The entire rest of the day was spent in my room writing both a paper and the final presentation for the study abroad experience.  The presentation was a combination of our research experiences and our cultural experiences while abroad.  Day 27 was spent presenting our final work in the morning, at an amazing buffet in the evening, and waiting around the hotel for our new rooms in the middle.  The evening buffet dinner was the formal end of program dinner.  It was in a shopping complex on the 12th floor.  The buffet itself was filled with wonderful foods of all different varieties.  Both Western style and Eastern style foods, drinks, and desserts were all available.  The wait staff and cooks made the experience highly enjoyable with their quick and efficient work, and skill and performance on the part of the cooks.  The dinner was a wonderful capstone to an incredible trip.  Day 28 was our final free day before flying home on day 29.  I spent the day shopping near Taipei 101, and was able to find a large assortment of stores both familiar and unfamiliar.  I had a great time exploring the area on my own and made many satisfying purchases. My evening was spent packing and preparing for the long flights home.  I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends again, as well as beginning the Spring semester in just a few days.  As amazing as this experience has been for me, it was strange to be traveling and not share the experience with my family.  I was able to find them all some great gifts and am very excited to see them all again.



No comments:

Post a Comment